Today I thought I’d share with you some tips and tricks I’ve picked up over the course of my makeup journey relating to concealing. Lord knows these would have been useful when I first started wearing makeup. Into The Gloss have put together a super helpful list of concealers for different types of skin with great tips! Definitely give it a read if you haven’t done so already!
- When concealing underneath the eyes use a shade that is 1-2 shades lighter than your foundation. Anything more begins to give an ashy, reverse-panda look, unless that’s the look you’re going for then by all means go for gold!
- To correct dark circles a peach/salmon based corrector is great at counteracting purply shadows. I use Bobbi Brown’s Corrector in Bisque quite sparingly underneath my regular concealer and it kind of almost brings me back to life after getting very little sleep/staying up all night perusing YouTube.
- If you find that your concealer is drying and/or super pigmented, spritz your concealing buffing brush with Fix+ to help sheer it out. I use this method whenever I use my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, which also lends itself to a smoother blending experience.
- When brightening underneath your eyes, keep in mind your face shape. If you have a wide face don’t extend the concealer all the way to the sides of your face as it will only serve to emphasise its width. Whenever I do this, I only place enough concealer/brightener so that it is the width of my eyebrow in an upside down triangle formation that doesn’t go past my nose.
- If you find that your concealer tends to crease, use an eye primer just underneath the eye and smooth it with your fingers. This also helps with longevity if your concealer starts to fade too.
- When setting your concealer use yellow powder sparingly as it might make you look sallow as opposed to bright and awake. I like to mix a yellow and peach powder as yellow tends to be too light for me.
Are there any other tips we should know about? What’s your favourite concealer?
Let’s chat about it in the comments!